Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Reflecting on working with My Technologically Brave Classmate

I enjoyed the collaborative process in working with Carolyn and learned a few things about her:

She's willing to take chances with the technology (it was her decision to place our dcoumentation into Google Docs). We both had access to it (good thing I had my google account open), we were able to edit and save just as you would in a Word document. My problem was getting around the headers in the documents because I found that when I was typing something into the document, this line would end up in my words so I don't know. I would still cut copy and paste from Word rather than going immediately to Google Docs to begin a document.
Then she uploaded us onto her wiki where I have been invited to join to chat Again, if it were me, I would have posted the paper but as Carolyn is adventurous, it creates a positive step toward engaging in the collaborative process, plus I have a preview of what I need to do when and if I decide to use wikispaces as an assessment tool. She suggested that I use WebEx as a part of my final-see how it performs, works, etc. I may take her advice.
Finally, Carolyn placed our document in pdf format which the link has been cut, copied, and pasted below. She has demonstrated proficiency in areas that I am still lacking as I was just as happy to have had my paper finished, emailed it Carolyn while she worked on her part added it to the document, and then added all of the technological extras. I was able to follow her lead and benefit. Carolyn has demonstrated what she has learned in our class thus far. I think I need to play catch up.
Carolyn and I researched two collaboration tools that can be used in the classroom to design instruction with both formative and summative assessment in mind.

http://assessment-toolbox-edu-762-930.wikispaces.com/file/view/Midterm_assessment_for_EDU762930FEB_5_2010.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment